Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies
Why Fiber Optic?
- Enhanced Security
- EMI Immunity
- Reduced Weight
- Reduced Size
- Larger Bandwidth
Fiber Optic Markets
- Test and Measurement
- Aerospace and Avionics
Testing Capability for Fiber Optics
- Environment Testing
- Submersion Testing
Fiber Optic Certifications
- NASA-STD-8739.5 for Fiber Optic
Common Uses for Fiber Optics
- Ground Support
- Rail/Mass Transit
- Missile Defense
- Medical Scopes
Fiber Optic Cables VMR Manufactures
- Open Bundle
- Field Repairable
Fiber Optic Design Considerations
Fiber Size (Multimode)
- 50/125 µm, 62.5/125 µm, 100/140 µm, other
Fiber Size (Singlemode)
- 9/125 µm, other
- Simplex, Multichannel, Hybrid (Fiber and Electrical)
- Operating: -C
- Operating: +C
- Storage: -C
- Storage: +C
- ≤ 0.5 dB
- ≤ 1.0 dB
- Internal to Equipment
- Light, Medium, Heavy or Rugged
- Full immersion, Chemical/Caustic Resistance, Extreme Corrosion Resistance, Intense Radiation, None
- Field Repairable, Weight Reduction, Size or Shape, Return Loss, Length of Assembly.
Military Ruggedized Circular Connector
Many ATE Test Systems
- High Voltage, Insulation Resistance
- 2/4 wire Resistance Measurements
Agilent 8720ES with Time Domain, Cal kits
- 50Mhz to 20 Ghz
- Insertion loss, VSWR, Phase Matching
Agilent ENA with Time Domain, Cal Kits
- 20 Mhz to 8 Ghz
- Insertion Loss, VSWR, Phase Matching
Agilent PNA 2-port Network Analyzer
- 10 Mhz to 20 Ghz
- Rhubidium Time Standard
- Tektronix TDR
- Hi-Pot Testers up to 5000 V.D.C.
- Agilent 4263B Capacitance Tester
- Agilent 4338B Milliohm Meter Low D.C. Resistance
- Agilent 34420A Milliohm / Microvolt Meter
- Many Continuity Testers with Test Report Data and recall programming
- ESD Tester
- i3 Cable & Harness and tests to the required torque specifications for all threaded components
i3 Cable & Harness 100% tests all cables manufactured and provides the test data with each cable, packed in a clear bag.
ALL CABLES ARE TESTED TWICE DURING THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS
Network Analyzers for Coax Measurements
Crimp Cross Section System
Crimp Height, Width, Compression, Radii, Angles, etc. are reported in a standard Excel file format. PT series pull testers and Digital Crimp Height Micrometers interface to the Cross Section System. Pull test values and Crimp Height values are reported in the standard Excel Cross Section Report. User can select how many Pull Test Values and Micrometer reading should be included in the report.
3 to 5 minute preparation time. Suitable for Conductor Crimps and Insulation
Crimps. Easy to use. Compact design. Low cost.
Digital Crimp Height Micrometer
PT series Pull Testers
i3 Cable & Harness maintains a calibration log per ISO 9001:2008 and utilizes an outside lab to perform all calibrations
i3 Cable & Harness maintains a scheduled log for all preventative maintenance for its equipment is maintained per ISO9001:2008.
To test cable assemblies on ability to handle ESD.
Tenney T2 Test Chamber
Tenney’s new T2 Chamber is capable of simulating a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions while utilizing minimal floor space. These chambers are well suited for use in electronics, military, and pharmaceutical quality assurance and reliability testing, as well as research testing and production processes. In keeping with the needs if today’s lab, we specifically designed these chambers to have a compact exterior, yet an ample interior workspace to maximize valuable floor space.
- All models feature vapor-tight, continously welded stainless steel interiors
- New design allocates space within the interior of the cabinet for all standard options, which greatly improves the mobility of the unit as well as the overall appearance
- New touch screen controller provides precise control over chamber operations and monitoring, and is mounted at eye level (VT III and 94Z are not touch screen)
- Workspace height has been lowered to provide efficient loading and unloading of product
- The sensors provide excellent control and display accuracy with minimum maintenance
- New design provides maximum performance with minimum footprint
- Uniform conditions are assured through the use of a vertical-down recirculating conditioning system
- Vapor tight interior made of 100% stainless steel
- Non-settling, asbestos-free insulation
- Proprietary VersaTenn control system
- Watlow 942 Controller (temp only models VT III temp/humidity models)
- Control tolerance of ±0.3ºC
- Hermetic refrigeration system
- Tenney VaporFlo humidity system
- Low mass nichrome, open wire heating system
- NEC wiring compliance
- Vertical-down recirculating conditioning system
- Double silicon gaskets on doors
- 2″ diameter access port with plug
- ±2% RH typical after stabilization
- IEEE/488 interface
- LinkTenn software for Windows that permits your computer to control up to 10 chambers
- RS422, 423, 232, or 485 interface assemblies
- Upgrade to VersaTenn (standard on T2RC)
- Water reservoir for humidity system (5 gallon)
- Recirculating system for humidity water
- Additional ports
- Event relay board
- Water demineralizer
- Viewing window, 6″ x 7″, thermally insulated and heated (no manual wiper required)
- Interior lighting
- Shelving, adjustable and removable
- Automatic CO2 or LN2 cooling boost system
- Automating boost heating system
- GN2 purge system
- Refrigeration taps and pressure gauges
- Recording instruments
- Redundant thermal protection and alarm system
- External dryer for obtaining humidity as low as 5% (to 20°C)
- Alternate power supply wiring
Humidity capability: 20% to 98% RH in the dry bulb range of +20ºC to +85ºC as limited by a 3º dewpoint. Test data based on 24ºC ambient, sea level, 60Hz. On 50 Hz or higher than 24ºC ambient, performance may be reduced. Consult factory regarding any special cooling requirements. CFC-free refrigerants are used exclusively on all Tenney chambers.
Underwater Vaccuum Leak Test Chamber
CMI X-Ray Fluorescence Analyzer
An XRF analyzer for measurement of coating thickness and material composition. Measure the thickness and/or composition of plating, coatings, thin films, containing elements from Ti through U.
Optical Gaging Products Laser Measuring System
2D, 3D, optically, and with sensors such as touch probe, scanning probe, laser and rotary.
Certifications, Registrations & Logistics
- ITAR Registered and Compliant Company
- Small Business
- i3 Cable & Harness cross-trains employees and has dedicated inspectors.
- i3 Cable & Harness maintains on-site training facilities for certifying employees with several certified trainers on staff.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 ( 3 in house trainers ) for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- J-STD-001DS ( 2 in house trainers ) for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- NASA-STD-8739.4 (3 Level B in house trainers) for Crimp, Cable and Harness
- i3 Cable & Harness owns extensive leading-edge production and test equipment.
- A list of equipment is available upon request.
- All cables provided by i3 Cable & Harness are 100% tested and serialized.
- Cables are easily managed with our Military/Aerospace ERP system from Aptean/Relevant.
- i3 Cable & Harness is an approved vendor of many of the Government Subcontractors.