What is Z-Interconnect?
Z-Axis interconnection is a means of routing circuit traces, within and through the package. EI’s Z-Interconnect technology is used to fabricate electronic packaging components with very high interconnect density and enhanced electrical performance, while maintaining a reasonable cost. Z-Interconnect is perfect for Semiconductor Packaging as well as Printed Circuit Board Fabrication.
Endicott Interconnect’s Z-Interconnect Technology Can:
- Increase wiring density
- Provide the best signal integrity
- Reduce signal attenuation at high frequencies
- Shorten overall fabrication time
- Produce higher yields
- Create fewer wiring layers
- Reduce costs
- Utilize high performance materials and mixed dielectrics
- Allow for the highest performance PCB’s with the highest layer count at the lowest cost
- Simplify complex PCB structures
Semiconductor Packaging Design Rules
- LW= 25 um, Space= 25 um
- Laser Drill= 40 um, Pad= Drill + 35 um
- Pitch > 180 um (preferred), 150 um (min)
Printed Circuit Board Design Rules
- LW= 50 um (min), Space= 75 um (min)
- Mechanical Drill = 100 um, Laser Drill= 50 um
- Pad= Drill + 150 um, Module/Via Pitch= .4mm
Interested in EI’s Z-Interconnect Technology? Visit our website or contact us.